Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

JCrew Catalog Inspiration - Green and coral

I saw this picture in the February 2013 JCrew catalog:

It features the model wearing the butterfly silk shirt in forest green with a coral skirt and neutral accessories.  The 'style tip' notes that unique color combinations can work if you have neutral accessories. I didn't like the specific pieces, but I kept coming back to the color combo.  I used it to make the following outfits:

JCrew Perfect V-neck in trellis vine, No. 2 skirt in poppy grove

 I am on the fence with this one.  I think it could be great with some kind of accessory but I'm not sure what.


JCrew Tippi sweater in heather turquoise, No. 2 in poppy grove
I was surprised that I liked this so much.  It just seems like something that would be perfect in April or May as everything is starting to bloom.  The nude shoes definitely allow for a little more experimentation with different color combinations.

Shoes - Ivanka Trump Cleo Pump

1 comment:

  1. I was also drawn to this color combination. I have both of the
    greens - butterfly blouse and merino tippi - above, but sadly no coral bottoms!! Really like the second outfit best!!

    ReplyDelete