Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow Day

Sometime yesterday afternoon, the cell phones of everyone in my office suddenly started going nuts.  SEVERE ALERT.  BLIZZARD WARNING THIS AREA TIL 1:00PM EST SAT.  PREPARE,  AVOID TRAVEL, CHECK MEDIA.  Wow, really?  The only other time I have gotten one of these VERY SERIOUS ALERTS on my phone was the day before Hurricane Sandy made landfall, regarding the mandatory evacuation of NYC Zone A.  Somehow, I have a hard time believing this storm will be on the same scale as Sandy (at least in NYC) - but I could be wrong.  [I talked to a neighborhood store owner last night who is STILL displaced from her home after it filled with god knows how much water after the hurricane! The high point of her day was that their new bathtub arrived.]

Today's outfit is a balance of three things: 1) I had a meeting with an associate dean 2) it's Friday and 3) when I leave work it will be very windy and snowing heavily. Looking professional and blizzard-ready is...difficult.  Unfortunately, I did have to change out of my snow shoes once I got to the office.



Scarf - Saachi via HauteLook
Skirt - JCrew Number 2 in double serge wool
Shirt - JCrew Perfect V Neck
Boots - Bare Traps

No comments:

Post a Comment